Tuesday, August 19, 2008

When will I ever learn?

I don't know how many times stories like this have to be told before people learn. In this instance people would mean me.

So Saturday night I go out with the girls to City Island for some seafood. On the ride back we start reminiscing about high school. We start talking about how much we used to drink and get totally fucked up. About how much we used to smoke and get totally fucked up. Most of the stories surrounded me because I was the one that had to be babysat once the alcohol showed up. So we also talked about who we didn't want to mess with b/c they weren’t clipped you know where... We talked about who did what to who on the kitchen counter when the parents drove up... We talked about it all. Oh and we talked and we laughed! It was an all around good ol time.

Monday morning. Boss comes in. Walks by and says

Boss - "Did you need me this weekend?"

Me - "No"

Boss- "You called me Saturday night around 11:00. I listened for a while but then thought it was a conversation I shouldn't be hearing and hung up"

Me (totally embarrassed) - "Uhhhhhh oops. I was out with the girls.... It was serious girl talk."

Boss- "Yeah I know. I told you I listened for a little while but it was something I knew I shouldn't hear so I hung up"

OMG! Mortified. Lock the keys on your blackberry before tossing it in your purse all willy nilly.

But then the same afternoon he did it while talking about his brother and one of the vendors called him and totally started talking about the whole convo he'd heard. That’s what he gets for listening to my naughty business huh?

1 comment:

n0days0ff said...

oooooooohhhh that so happened to me one time we was talking about my sister.im sorry but i think im about to steal your post idea