Monday, August 25, 2008

I's married now!

I really couldn't ask for more... The wedding was beautiful and small and relaxed. Just how we wanted. Our friends threw a surprise backyard reception. I had so much fun.

His friend Oolie is a true angel. She put everything together and it was exactly what I had wanted!

He was and is the sweetest thing. He is sooooo mushy. It is so sweet.

The day was a little hectic. I spent 2 hrs in the barbershop to get Jr's hair cut (which was a certain groom's responsibility.) So because of that I didn’t get to have my mani and pedi. Thank God the dress was so long.

We got to the church on time and I did a little prep work in the ladies room. My friends and I sang "She's your Queen to Be" in the bathroom (a little loud because I heard laughter outside of the door) Everyone said most brides are bitchy but I was the silliest they've ever seen. Then as I touched up the baby hair with "Lets Jam" hair pomade the girls serenaded me with "JAM... OH JAM" (everything’s not for everybody google the group Guy if you need to)

I walked down the isle to my friend singing. The groom started to cry and turned his head. The ceremony was beautiful. The word SUBMIT appeared numerously throughout. But it's all good.

After the ceremony we went to his (our) friend Oolie's house b/c she wasn't able to make it and......... SURPRISE! She had thrown us a surprise reception. Complete with wedding cake (cupcake tier) and all. It was fabulous!

7 comments:

n0days0ff said...

wow.sounds just how i want my day to be.what do you mean his fam bought the drama? my fam knows im like martin im quick to tell you to get to steppin

Beautifully.Conjured.Up said...

Per n0days0ff request, I wanted to send you many blessings and congratulate you on your wedding :)

Diana Boss said...

beautifully.conjured.up - Thanks for stopping by and the well wishes!

n0days - First they were upset b/c they didn't feel they were included in the wedding. We both had one witness stand up. That's it. It was supposed to be at the J.O.P. they should have been happy to be sitting in a church. Then they were mad that they weren't formally invited to the surprise party by him. How does one invite people to their own surprise party. So no one is talking to him. He told me not to worry about it but I never was. That's the way they roll. I stopped caring years ago.

Chey said...

congrats on the wedding sounds like you had a pretty good day. lmao at them wanting him to invite them to his surpirse party

Diana Boss said...

Thanks Cherish it was good.
His family is crazy like that. They are the type to have no jobs,plenty of kids, and always judging folks like they have their shit together.

Ex. I give my son's b-day parties at around 2 pm. for toddlers and preschoolers they have had lunch and had a nap and only require snacks which to me is good b/c they won;t want to sit still they want to play. Sandwiches snacks and salad to me are fine. His family will all sit in the corner looking like they smell something talkin about "How come they didn't say they aint had no lasagna. I would have made it." like they offered help and "She don't have Pepsi? Everybody don't drink coke. I love my pepsi."

ODARA said...

Congrats!!!!!!

n0days0ff sent me...

I wish u & urs the best!!!!

Diana Boss said...

Thanks ODARA