Wednesday, November 19, 2008

When to say when

I know sometimes you have to let a man be a man. But when is it appropriate to step in and say... ask the gas attendant for directions or call an electrician or in my case a plumber?



Our bathroom sink is always stopped up. Homie is constantly pouring stuff down there - draino, heavy duty drain cleaner, bleach.... So Anyway it's always getting clogged. Then a couple of months ago the pipe from the sink to the wall started dripping and the faucet started dripping too. Hubby said he'd fix it. Now.... The sink appears to be clogged and unable to be unclogged. In his first phase of repair he did something to make a big hole in the pipe under the sink and put a big bucket there. It would take about 6 hours to fill up and then he'd take a tupperware bowl and bail some of that water out into the toilet until the bucket could be tilted and slid from under the pipe and emptied into the toilet. Several Home Depot trips later, the hole appears to be closed but now the sink isn't even draining slow. It's not draining at all. So then he put a tupperware bowl in the sink to catch the water that drips from the faucet and then that water can be poured from the bowl into the toilet. Matter of fact I need to go check it because it fills fast and then overflows onto the floor after a few hours (mind you this is all over the course of say 4 days. )



So this morning I go to put a little water on my toothbrush and GUSH water comes gushing out. I'm like what the hell happened to the faucet. He mumbles something about a wrong part.



***hold on - I'll be right back - I really should check that tupperware bowl***



Ok sometime between the time I left for work and now it switch from tupperware back to bucket. And from bucket to overflowing bucket. The entire bathroom is soaked.



I'm calling a plumber now. But first I'm calling my sweetie to let him down gently.



Hold on. I'll be right back I'm gonna call him.



Ok I said "Sweetie, I'm calling a plumber. I can't take this anymore." and he said "Neither can I. Call him."


LOL!

2 comments:

n0days0ff said...

I would have tried to call a plumber ferom jump. The reason why I have trouble admitting when I am wrong sometimes is cause a woman is an expert at making you feel like you failed at something.

Ex.
Me: yeah I think we need to ask this gas station attendant for directions

My girl: um excuse me sir,we are lost and my husband been driving around in the same circle for like half the morning.we need someone who actually knows where they are going

Diana Boss said...

LOL!

That is a big relationship no-no in my opinion.

I'm a strong enough woman and independant enough to already have that be a challenge to a man. I would never purposely say or do something to challenge his manhood. My mother taught me that is just unacceptable.