Friday, October 10, 2008

A quickie

I finally got my computer back! YAY! Anways... So yesterday I was on the phone with my husband. He works for NJ transit and assigns buses to the drivers. So we always talk around 12:30 1:00pm. Sometimes I have to wait while he assigns a bus. So the bus driver chick had an attitude with him. He makes some comment about her attitude and then tells me he's getting busy and will talk to me later. Few minutes later he calls me back. Attitude chick (who happened to be brand new to the job) drives out of the garage, down the street and hits a lady and severed both the lady’s legs and an arm. The lady didn't make it and the driver is being charged with vehicular man slaughter. This has been haunting me since. I've prayed and prayed for both the driver and the family of the woman who lost her life. So Sad. The driver is 23 years old. What a thing to deal with for the rest of your life. My husband used to be a mechanic there and he said when he worked on buses he always kept in mind how many lives he had in his hands. Not just the people on the bus but the people on the streets. Having a 6000 lb bus with failed breaks could kill a lot of people. Sorry such a sad post.

3 comments:

Chey said...

wow that is really sad. i didnt even hear about that on the news and since we are in neighboring states you would think i would have. thats such a shame tho and the driver is so young and she is gonna deal with that for a while before she can get over it

n0days0ff said...

Omg that is horrible.that shows you how crazy life ismone minute you walking down the street minding your own,next you're dead

Anonymous said...

That is sad, that she let her anger get in the way of doing her job