Monday, October 06, 2008

Like a bunch of sardines

So I got a virus on my work computer and haven't had it for about a week. It is hard to work a desk job without a computer.

Anyway... so a while back I had mentioned that my father wanted to throw us a reception and hubby told me he just wanted the cash. I thought it would be rude to say that so I accepted the reception offer. Well my father decided we needed the cash more. LOL homeboy said "How bout I just help you guys with your security and first months rent." Which was not only a y'all are broke but a y'all are broke plus you need to get the hell out of my apartment. See my dad mom and I bought an apartment together before they got divorced. It's a 1 bedroom. Yeah my cheap ass got my family up in a 1 bedroom apartment. LOL. We really do need to move. My husband goes to court in December for custody of his 16yo daughter. So I knew I'd have to get out by the time he goes. How would that look?!?!?!?!? Fighting for her to come live in our 1 bedroom! All 4 of us up in a queen size?

Here's the reason why my dad wanted to throw us a reception/help us with the move... guilt. he said he felt guilty because when he told a friend of his I got married his friend said he had just put out like $80k for his daughter's wedding. So he felt guilty. But shoot... not guilty enough. Now he's gonna throw me like $5k but that leaves like $75k more guilt to be seen... lol. But really I'm am so happy for this help. I had no idea how we were gonna do it before he offered his help.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys get out soon, and I wish you all the best!

Umm as for the post below... yep, that's women for you, doesn't surprise me at all.

Diana Boss said...

Well I didn't want to leave until I found something as good or better than where we live now. The apartment i have now has underground parking, 24 hour doorman, gym, it's gorgeous... So we are moving across the street! It has the same but the parking is valet and it has a pool. So I'm happy. It was just getting my hands on the initial $5k that was the problem.

Chey said...

im glad everything is working itself out for you. I can see how the judge will be if yall did try and get her in a 1 br. So ya dad lives there too??? I know its probably crowded







p.s. i fixed the spelling error in my blogsite so u have to update it on your blog u can get the right one by going thru my profile

Diana Boss said...

Noooooo....
My dad doesn't live with us. It's me my husband and my son. But I'm sure my dad is like "This is ridiculous. Yall gotta go so we can sell this apt." The thing is he told me when we sell I can have his 3rd of the $ and my mom (who hates my dad and will never speak with him) told me the same thing about her 3rd. It's fully paid for so all the $ would go to me! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

n0days0ff said...

I'm sooooooo glad about the box.I felt so bad,you don't even know

80k wedding? Who his friends daughter,beyonce? That is entirely TOO MUCH.I don't care who you are

Chey said...

The thing is he told me when we sell I can have his 3rd of the $ and my mom (who hates my dad and will never speak with him) told me the same thing about her 3rd. It's fully paid for so all the $ would go to me! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!<----for that u shoula started packin yesterday