Monday, October 27, 2008

The straw that broke Diana's back

So I'm trying to keep my head above water right now. Not financialy but just with life. My husband was hurt at work and found not physically able to do his job anymore. This was over a year ago. He had 2 options, take whatever job they offered or get fired. He did what was right and took whatever was offered. He has 8 years there and it would be stupid to lose his pension with just 2 years remaining. But the job they gave him paid $20K less a year and was a split shift. So he worked 4am to 8am and then had 4 hrs off and then had to go back at 12pm to 4:30pm. It was really rough on him. He bidded for a new postion and got it. It pays more the hours still suck but they are not split. But the hours are better FOR HIM. Now he is working 4pm to 12 am with Thurs and Fri off. Still sucks but at least it's not split anymore. So basically we are never home at the same time and I'm always doing everything myself.

Then on top of that, somebody must have knocked him in the head with something on the way out of the church when we got married because for some reason he thinks he has a housewife and not a working wife. Homeboy all the sudden expects Denny's style breakfasts on saturdays and sundays. He also thinks that the counter is where you put your plate after eating. Someone also told him his job is to delegate jobs to his staff which he assumes must be me. Now I have no problem being a housewife if he wants to be the sole provider. Until then throw out your own plate and make your own damned sandwich.

Last night the camels back broke. An organization I'm a part of (the Fairest Among Thousands, Alltogether Lovely) was throwing a halloween party for the kids yesterday. I woke up at 6:30 to get what I could get done before they (hubby and son) woke up. He asked what I was doing and I told him. I told him I needed to be at the lodge 9am. He tells me at 8:00 that he is hungry and would like me to make breakfast but I will need to go to the supermarket to get eggs, bacon and grits because he used them up making his breakfast during the week. I told him I needed to go but I'd get him breakfast from mcdonalds. He tells me he is no longer eating outside food and fine he just won't eat. (this is where n0days would insert a video of someone looking at him like he was crazy). I just said fine don't eat. Then he sends my son to me talking about "Daddy said you were gonna make us breakfast." Long story short I bought my son mcdonalds then had to drag him around with me to set up for the party. At 9pm when I finally got a chance to sit down I call hubby (he's at work) and he tells me he has some things to say to me when he gets home.

Fast forward to 12:30. Me collapsed on couch after coming home cleaning cooking and then cleaning some more and dealing with an overtired 3yo. He comes in I askwhat did he need to say?

********************************Drumroll please*************************************

"Do you think you are fulfilling your responsibilities in this household?"

SIGH. I went off.

All things are back to normal now and the side effects of his head injury seem to be gone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you did what you had to do. Not only did your husband get a side affects but little kids, mothers, brothers and sperm donors too. Everybody needs a little help getting put back in line every now and then.

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Handle it! Yes I think sometimes they get a little spoiled.

Glad he has now been returned to YOUR regularly scheduled programming. *lol*

-OG

Chey said...

girl im glad u snapped sometimes men need it so they can get their heads back to where it needs to be

n0days0ff said...

Man diana I don't mean to be cocky but reading some of these blogs let me see how I don't do 10 percent of the stuff these guys do but my lil mama still talks to me like I'm something she has to put up with. I'm mad he left his dish on the counter for you to wash.he could have at least put it in the sink where his woman can find it

Diana Boss said...

n0 it wasn't even a dish! It was a paper plate! WTF! Throw it OUT! You know the word submit was used A LOT during the ceromony and it was ALL in reference to me. And I think he took the vow WORD for WORD. I really should have asked to see all that stuff before hand. Cause homeboy is taking words that where written in biblical days LITERALLY. Every Thee, Thou, Shalt, sayeth... all of em.