Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This is for my Homie!

OK so I changed my name this morning. And I'm surprised to feel so sad about it. I always said I'd hyphenate but that makes my last name 20 characters long. So I said I'd take his last name. He kept saying he didn't care either way but he'd say it with one of those sad puppy dog looks on his face.

Then he keep asking me "Your not gonna do it huh?". And while I had all intentions of doing it I hate taking time from work so I was slow rollin. Well I did today. When the lady told me to sign on the x I was like "Ummmm.... uhhhhh... sign my uh...." she was like "Yes your new name" It didn't feel natural and I felt sad... Now I gotta go to HR and it all feels like the end of something wonderful. Like when you graduate high school... or college... and you know what's ahead is supposed to be wonderful but you all the sudden miss your old lunch table and your locker and all...

And my new last name is difficult for people and they mess it up constantly until I have to say "Like Chuck!" and then they say "Oh...." GEESH. Around here you hear the name at least twice a day! What is so friggin hard PEOPLE!?!?!?! I wonder if my NJ/NY people can guess my new name from the clues?

Goodbye Megan McMurray... It's been a good 31 years. I'll never forget all the fun we had...

Why is Gangsta Lean playing in my head

This is for my homies... in that gangsta lean...

I tip my 40 to your memories....

SIGH....

4 comments:

Chey said...

aww i can see how that can be hard. to just let go of what has been ridin life out wit and now u have to just x it out and move on

Diana Boss said...

Chay! i miss your blog.... You gotta get something up there for the people!

n0days0ff said...

Like chuck? I'm drawing a blank. I don't think my lil mama is taking my last name but the other day she ordered a pizza as my last name and I did smile just a little . Tee hee

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Man I remmeber those days. I made my maiden name my middle name and always signed my full name, I suppose if I would have stayed married I'd be at the part where I had finally stop signing my middle name.

When I got divorced I went rigth back, because we didn't haev any kids. Both changes were bittersweet.

-OG