Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm very flattered but I'm married

Needed a new look....

So ever since we've gotten married, women are all over my husband. I swear it is the craziest thing. He gets this huge kick out of it and tells me about each time some woman approaches him. I never knew that this supposedly happens once a man has a ring on their finger but men and women are confirming this to be the truth. I don't know what it is. I'm figuring the fact that a man is committed or appears to be is a turn on? Is that it?

But as I walked out of the mall today some dude says "How you doing?" And I kept my head straight didn't break stride and said "Fine thank you and you?" And kept it moving. No need for conversation. And this has been how it has always been. It doesn't even get to the point where I have to say I'm married or whatever... Now him on the other hand tells me off all the things he does to make the chicks see the ring and how he will play with the ring, or rub his face with his left hand, or whatever... So here is what I have a problem with. Why are you even entertaining conversations with these chicks to the point where they have to notice it. My face says enough that men don't even continue with it... He's all "There's nothing wrong with conversation" or "networking..." Now I'm am not a jealous person at all so I really don't care but I did realize the difference today when I didn't have to flash my ring or say I'm married because I don’t even let it get to that point.

9 comments:

Chey said...

i agree with you that he shouldnt be even holdin convos that long but u know when a chick hits on a male its a lot harder for them to ignore them and just walk away. I guess its a part if the dumb ass male anatomy

Diana Boss said...

And you should see him all geeky and excited that someone tried to talk to him. It's usually the first thing out of his mouth when he gets home! LOL

Chey said...

lol yeah girl he is extra excited cuz men are used to being the ones on the hunt, its a whole new thing when they are the ones being seeked

Anonymous said...

Being single myself, me and friends joke about this:
When you are single no one gives you the time of day. But if you are with someone one, everybody and they daddy be trying to talk to you. Confusesthe hell outta me.

Ain't no way I'm approaching a married man. Uh..uh ain't for me.

MeLynn said...

Girl I can just imagine what is going on in your head as you listen to your hubby talk about those chicks that approach him...they are so sad.
I used to get upset at it but shoot "I got my own problems".... yanno!

The Professor said...

I have always had to deal with this in a similar fashion. When I was single, couldn't find a single woman to save my life. The second I get into a relationship, women come out of the woodwork, want to speak, ask you out to dinner etc. It is madddddddd frustrating!!!!

Diana Boss said...

Megan - First of all I'd like to say I'm so excited to see another Black Megan! Girl I'm am so not jealous. I like to hear about it actually. I think the sad ones are the ones that he says say to him things like "That's your problem not mine."

Professor - I think that men who are commited or in love and not looking to cheat probably give of a different vibe that is attractive to women. They probably don't have predator pheromones stinking up the joint. People tell me all the time that ever since we got married my husband seems to float into the room now. They (and these are his friends - female ones) say he looks different. Now that makes me wonder if he was walking around with the predator vibes before!

n0days0ff said...

Honestly db its cause women have more fragile egos than men when it comes to hollering.you gotta let a woman down gently.you never heard hell hath month fury like a woman scorned? If a woman hollers at you you can't just tell them to get lost.its rude

Eb the Celeb said...

Men downplay everything... and act like they can't see the malice... that the chick is just being nice and they try to see the best in every female...

single or married, women are genetically inclined to ignore the advances of men in passing because we feel there are conventional ways to meet men and walking down a street or through a mall isnt one of them.