Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Honeymooners

So far the honeymoon period is LOVELY. I hope we can keep this up for a long time. I know it seems a bit unrealistic but I figure if you keep your mind focused on this unbelievable happiness and stay committed to continuing the "Honey", "Baby", "Sweetheart"s and the kisses and all that other good stuff you can be one of those couples celebrating their 60th anniversary. We love saying wife and husband and married. We hold hands (which he would NEVER do before). I even hold the attitude back for the little things. Where I would have continually sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes before I let it go. I don't want anything to ruin the high we are on right now. I know I probably sound foolish to those married for a while but hey why not bask in the idiocy of being newlywed while you can right?

But I swear it's like he's opened up so much. For the past 7 days I've been with a man I barely know. He's romantic and extremely affectionate and playful... It is very strange but I'm not complaining. He claims this was always him and it was me who was so negative but everyone has noticed the change in him and commented on it so I know it's not me. But I simply said back "Maybe you're right" What's the point in arguing over something positive right?

1 comment:

Chey said...

Im happy for you. Love while it lasts and hopefully it will last forever