Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm baaaaack......

I've been a bad blogger. For real though I had nothing to talk about. Absolutely nothing. Which in blog world is bad but real life kinda good. Then my Father-In-Law passed away and we had to make the long drive down to Whiteville, NC. We stopped in Raliegh to visit my crazy ass Mother-In-Law. She's a nutcase y'all.

It was my husband and I, Jr and my 2 brother-in-laws. It was a good trip, considering it was for a funeral. We had fun though. It was one of those teeny tiny country towns. I always knew he was from the sticks but DAMN!. Nobody goes by their real names.

Debo - brother in law
Baby Boy - brother in law
Rap - Husband
Baby Duck - Uncle
Fresh - Mother in law
Pappy - Father in law
Nasty - Cousin in Law
MuMu - Cousin in Law
Mug - Uncle in law

I don't have a nickname. They just call me in-law.

I didn;t want to come home though. I could have stayed. I liked it. I could have just sat on the porch eatin boiled peanuts and waving at every car that drove by forever. And I swear news travels fast. We stopped at a gas station at 1am when we arrived and by 9am cars were rolling by the house. We just sat on the porch all day and people came.

So sorry to go missing. I'll try not to do it again!

5 comments:

n0days0ff said...

It sounds like one of those towns where if they don't know you they pull a shotgun out on you.did you wear overalls? Ooooohhweeee this is killing me

Diana Boss said...

No lie when we pulled up to his uncle's house he called before going to the door cause he didn't want him shooting out the window!

No overalls but I did wear slippers on the porch. Uncle Duck had given them to me. Munk had a whole box full of slippers his wife had gotten from her job at the hotel and Baby Duck got a bag full and brought them home.

Chey said...

lmao @ them damn nicknames. folks in the country is funny to me. i cant really hang too much wit em cuz them fools love to be outside and im terrified of anything crawling

Anonymous said...

I know what you are talking about, some of these towns down here are so littel, you don't even know you have passed through

Anonymous said...

k in-law... soiunds like u had a good trip tho... who doesn't love just hanging out? you had drinks right?

okay, nevermind, off track...

nice to meet you, fun reading your blog.