Monday, September 08, 2008

My dumb ass...

So I've been thinking about all of the crazy shit that went down it that apartment and all the mess I've gotten myself into trying to be nice and not knowing how to say NO.

So I'm living in my apt by myself and my cousin and his new girl drop by with some drinks. So we're drinking... chilling... home girl is cool. A hoodrat, but cool. So he comes to me like "is it alright if we stay the night?" I'm like cool. We were tipsy. They didn't have a ride. I didn't feel like giving them a ride. So why not. So they stayed the night. And then another night. And another... Then they were straight up living with me. Now I love my cousin. He is the nicest person in the world. But he has a thing for stealing cars (watch that new show on A&E Jacked. It's in my county. You may see one of my cousins on there getting pulled out of a stolen Expedition). But homie was trying to get his life together. So he didn't have a job. She didn't have a job. But the thing is my cousin likes to clean. I don't. I would come home from work. They would greet me smiling. Like that scene in Annie when she first comes to the mansion. I'd walk in and the apt would be sparkling. A hot bowl of Ramen Noodles waiting made just the way I like them, he'd have a cigarette lit for me. How's your day. Rub my shoulders. It was like I had my own cook, maid, massage therapist... But on my little salary it was hard to buy food and cigarettes for three grown ass adults.

Then I started messing with some dude at work and he hit me with "Could I store some boxes here. Just a few things." Yes... Yes... I know... But the other thing hadn't happened yet so I wasn't hip to the game yet. Homie straight moved in. Clothes in my closet. Hung artwork on the walls. So now there are 4 grown ass adults in my one bedroom apt.

So one day about 3 months later (yes they were there for 3 months on some "can we stay the night cause we're drunk" shit) I'm on my way in and my cousin and his girl come running out of the building all out of breathe talking about they are going to the movies do I want to come. I'm like naw that's ok. But he's got a crazy looking screw driver in his hand. They run off and jump into a black Jeep and pull off. Minutes later there's a police car up and down the street. Now he had been driving this car for days. Parking it out front. Said it was his boys car. I fell for it. He had fell off the wagon. That night I told him he had to go. I was sad... No more clean apartment... no more hot ramen noodles or shoulder rubs after work... But he understood.

He's been clean and sober from auto theft for about 5 years now. It's crazy though how my cousins love to steal cars. No lie about 4 times I've gotten calls from people who's cars have been stolen asking me where my damn cousins are and if they have the car. Like I'm the auto theft task force and can get their cars back for them. My cousin from the story has a son now who is the same age as mine. I picked him up on Friday to spend the night. When we pulled into my garage he was in awe of all the cars. As we walk into the building he's like "There go a toyotaaaa, that's a hondaaaaa, BMW..., I'm looking for a truck with some rims on it." 3 years old people... 3 years old... Gotta break the cycle.

3 comments:

Chey said...

Lol at lil cuz knowin all the cars.
and im mad at dude for hanging artwork
bf used to clean like ya cuz did then all of a sudden the shit just stopped...those were the days

Anonymous said...

My little guy notices the colors before anything, he knows everybody's car. Can't hide and sneak with him around cause he will tell it. These three year olds these days have been here before. At least mines have.

Diana Boss said...

SheNeeds - They have been here. And then me and hubby are lazy sometimes and expose him to things he has no business seeing. the worst right now is when we are in public and he starts singing
"It seems today, like all you see
is violence in movies and sex on TV"

We no good and well he has no business watching family guy. But we stick his butt in the bed and put on Cartoon Network and don't even think he's up watching stuff like Famly Guy.

Last night we decided no more Caroon Network