Wednesday, September 03, 2008

MyGolden Rule

I have a strict rule. Friends and Man don't mix. Now we can all hang out. Friends can come over but I will never leave my friends alone with my man. I'm not gonna say I'll be right back I gotta run to the store. I'll say put your shoes on we gotta run to the store. I'm never going to call my man from my friends cell phone. Cause there will be no calling the number back to see who it was calling. If my friend is drunk and asked to stay the night, I will give them a plastic back and a ride home. I just don't do it. Not that I don't trust them. But I don't want to put either of them in a funny situation. Well I broke the rule yesterday. Mind you I never tell say the rule out loud b/c then I might offend someone and it's not worth it. And even though I know neither of them will hit on the other I still feel funny about breaking the rule. My best-friend lost her money on her way to work and had no way to get home and works far from home. So my husband works a few blocks from her and I told her to meet him at his job and he'd give her a ride home. I called him and he said fine and she got her ride home. I know my rule works b/c she was like "What the hell am I gonna talk to him about in the car. I've never been with him alone." And I gave her a list of topics she could talk to him about. And what's funny is she stuck to the list b/c of course each one mentioned what the convo was. My heart knows it was the right thing to do. It would have been messed up to leave my best friend stranded knowing that I could easily have gotten her a ride. But I feel like a sucka for breaking one of my golden rules. He told her that anytime she needed a ride she could just come to his job and he's take her home. Sigh........

3 comments:

Chey said...

I agree wit your rule 100%. I think you should tell him your rule. I would tell him that it has nothing to do with you not trusting him but I would let him know how I felt. Ask him how he would feel if you spent time with his friends w/o him around. A lil awkward right? and its not really about trust. Then maybe if he would have known the rule he wouldnt have offered future rides home. I made the mistake of letting one of my friends get to comfortable with my man and now I feel like she has some sort of feeling for him. I called him from her phone once and didnt erase the number and the next time I looked in the phone his name was saved wit the number. I remained calm, erased it and informed her if I saw it in there again i was whoopin some ass. She told me she put the name in case he called back, but i never saw it in there again

n0days0ff said...

first off cherish you are a damn fool and i just have to accept you as my crazy ass friend.

DB i totally agree with you.its crazy sometimes how people be all in each others mix.even if i trust my girl and my friend i would feel uncomfortable if he had her number and called her sometimes.im not with that shit.

my girl is very attractive and you can say what you want but aint no dude interested in just being friends with her.even if they are, theres no dude alive who would refuse her if she offered him some.so i cant trust my friends off that alone.you ever been so attracted to someone you know not to even make eye contact or you'll get yourself in trouble?

i trust my girl but if she told me my friends were trying to holla on the low i would be very upset.

plus the less contact there is,then the less possible confusion.and thats the truth ruth

n0days0ff said...

DB im gonna steal this post and i just thought i should let you know first.if you say no ima tell all your myspace peeps you goin aaround stealing couches lol